Thursday 20 September 2012

Creating Title Sequence Music

When starting the music for CLN title sequence I had some issues which I had to over come during the progression of the music. The issues which I had were that I couldn't really gather the grasp of a news title sequence music that would be appropriate to go on the title sequence. I had created a wide range of title sequence music which I showed my teacher and the reaction which I received for the pieces I had created weren't what I was expecting. So I took that time to think and then went on youtube to listen to a wide range of news title sequence music pieces being played. From that I then got a much better grasp of what I was looking for and then I started to create a few pieces which I then realised that I was getting closer and closer to the piece me and my group are looking for and finally I had created the final piece.

The software which I used to create the CLN piece was 'Garageband'. The reason I used this software on apple mac was that it gave me a much wider range of tunes, melodies, beats, etc. I used this to my advantage by creating the pieces for practise, exploring the variety of pieces and finding what was the most suitable for CLN. I used my class members to get some views and they kindly gave me positive feedback which I used to complete the final piece.

The first 6 seconds to our piece starts off with very deep bass guitar with gradually builds up to a beat and that carries on for another 10 seconds. As the piece gets closer to the end the beat carries on but the bass guitar changes to smooth jazz and the beat takes over, this goes on for another few seconds till the end. The ending is then ended with the beat in a sudden which is what me and my group have decided to do.                          

By Akin Aydin




No comments:

Post a Comment